Legal Advisor and Partner
The choice of legal counsel is crucial for executives who are looking for more than just a legal expert. They seek an advisor who can reconcile legal and business strategies and take account of the company’s business plan, development, growth and competition, as well as market risks and employment.
We believe a legal advisor is not only just a good counsel, but also a partner in your business. As such, our precept is to offer prime, value-added professional services at competitive costs. The resolute commitment of our commercial law professionals to the business world reflects our desire to provide innovative solutions and advice that concur with our clients’ strategies.
We factor in the realities of your company and the numerous challenges of profitability, performance, efficiency and competitiveness of a global market. We contribute to our clients’ success through our resourcefulness, creativity and extensive knowledge of commercial law.
We strongly believe that teamwork is a key element that ensures a company benefits from the timely legal counsel required to conduct its business successfully. Our high retention rate is proof that our clients are satisfied. We pride ourselves on this loyalty, which clearly demonstrates the importance of our personalized approach in building and establishing relationships of trust with our clients.
The Art of Negotiation
A team of skilled and experienced negotiators forms the cornerstone of our Commercial Law group. These seasoned and dynamic experts have concluded several significant agreements, demonstrating that our work is thorough, preventive and rooted in a win-win philosophy. This ensures that all parties are satisfied by the terms, conditions and articles of the contract, or commercial, franchising or distribution agreement negotiated. Because we care about our clients and their business, it is important to us to understand their concerns, not just their business plan. It allows us to negotiate a transaction or draft a tying or non-competition clause with the company’s unique issues and strategies in mind.
Drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements of all sorts, including:
- Bonds and notes
- Consultations and opinions on rights under The Charter of the French Language
- Consultations pertaining to rights and obligations of shareholders and partners
- Agency agreements
- Strategic alliance contracts
- Publishing agreements
- Service agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Stock purchase agreements
- Supply agreements
- Exclusive and non-exclusive licensing and distribution agreements
- Co-development and product commercialization agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Right of first refusal and first offer agreements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Franchising agreements
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Sponsored research and development agreements in the area of life sciences
- Limited partnership agreements
- Subscription agreements
- Shareholder, bipartite or multiparty agreements
- Dissolution and winding-up of partnerships
- Land and movable hypothecs
- Mediation and arbitration
- Oppression recourses
- Drafting of legal opinions
- Translation of corporate documents and trade agreements