Effective Solutions in Our Clients’ Interest
Our expertise in professional and civil liability and insurance law is rooted in more than 50 years of experience. Our high standards and constant concern for our clients’ needs contribute to this repute.
Our clientele mainly comprises property and liability insurers, risk managers and underwriters who call on us for expert advice. We strive to offer the expertise of a devoted team.
Our clients are first and foremost business partners with whom we work in close collaboration. In view of that, we begin each mandate with the same objective in mind: find a solution that is best suited to the client’s unique needs and implement it promptly and at reasonable cost. To that end, we frequently call upon alternative dispute resolution methods.
Present Every Step of the Way
Our attorneys accompany our clients through every step of a claim, be it for the settlement of a direct injury claim or one of civil liability. We have the competence to help establish relevant investigative elements and recommend the necessary technical expertise. We can provide our clients with appropriate counsel on the interpretation or scope of coverage.
Our team of negotiators has experience appearing before all levels of the courts, including the Supreme Court of Canada. They know how to represent our clients’ interests, which they defend skilfully and diligently.
We are also often called upon to draft, revise or translate insurance policies.
Our team members include certified trainers of the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages, and clients frequently request that they conduct workshops on different aspects of liability and insurance law.
- Property Insurance including Business Interruption Loss and Contingent Business Interruption Loss coverage
- Comprehensive General Liability Insurance including Advertising Injury and Personal Injury
- Boiler and machinery (Equipment breakdown)
- Transport law
- Class action litigation
- Professional Liability (including insurance brokers, notaries, health professionals, engineers, architects, etc.)
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Errors and Omissions Liability
- Professional Technology and Media Liability Insurance
- Wrap-Up and Builder’s Risk Insurance
- Sports law
- Product Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Municipal Liability
- Coverage opinions and interpretation of all types of insurance policies
- Drafting, revision and translating insurance forms
- Excess Insurance
- Subrogation recoveries