Protecting Your Competitive Edge
Intellectual property is one of the most important yet frequently overlooked assets of a business. In the early stages of a company’s growth, it often serves as the foundation for corporate financing. As a business matures, intellectual property enables it to develop niches, protect its markets, launch new products and form strategic business relationships.
The competitive edge developed by a company is often the result of the collective effort and dedication of individuals seeking new and innovative ways to encourage business growth. Intellectual property whether in the form of patents, trade-marks, copyright, industrial designs or trade secrets should be protected as a means of enhancing and rewarding this creativity and investment.
Expertise Matching Client Expectations
Our expertise in the area of intellectual property law is extensive. We assist in negotiations, provide comprehensive legal opinions and secure proprietary rights for all manner of intellectual property. Our attorneys have handled the full range of intellectual property mandates, including basic registration, licensing and other contractual matters, financings, mergers and acquisitions, as well as complex litigation both at the federal and provincial levels.
We recognize the fundamental need of businesses to stay one step ahead of the competition. We understand the vital role that intellectual property plays in enabling businesses to create and enhance innovative products and stimulate creativity.
We have a proven track record representing large public and private corporations, as well as emerging, technology-driven owner-operated enterprises and the risk investors who finance them. In addressing intellectual property issues, our attorneys have acted for clients in connection with a wide range of products, services and technologies spanning a full range of industries, including manufacturing, information technology, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, clothing and retail.
We Understand Quebec’s Unique Issues
We are frequently called upon to address the concerns of clients located outside Quebec about conducting business in the province. For example, we provide advice on various trade-mark and language issues that are unique to Quebec and its civil law tradition.
Skilled Counsel Delivered in Plain Language
By accessing all our firm’s resources we not only support all intellectual property needs, but also address other legal and commercial requirements related to the marketing of a client’s products and services. Our attorneys regularly advise clients on business law issues affecting intellectual property, providing clear, user-friendly advice that addresses their business objectives.
We ensure that our clients are aware of the options available to protect and enforce their intellectual property. We understand that clients look for added value in legal services and undertake to respect their budgets. Quick turnaround and cutting edge advice of the highest quality are hallmarks of our service.
Dedicated to Excellence
- Providing the services required in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Providing clients with value added services and respecting budgets
- A proven track record representing entrepreneurs, large corporations and the risk investors who finance them
- Skilled in Quebec’s unique language laws and civil law tradition, including trade-mark rights
- Handling basic and complex issues promptly
- Registration of intellectual property
- Registration of domain names and development of related acquisition and dispute resolution strategies
- Trade-mark prosecution
- Trade-mark opposition proceedings
- Opinions on registration and infringement issues
- Representation before administrative tribunals
- Litigation related to the enforcement and defence of intellectual property rights
- Coordination and maintenance of international intellectual property portfolios