The final of the Prix de l’Orateur, a debating competition organized by the Young Bar of Montreal, was held at Québec’s Court of Appeal on June 12th and our own Julien Grenier emerged as the winner.
Julien had to present an oral argument on a subject selected by the YBM – “Is death a lack of good manners?” – and evaluated by a jury composed of:
• Jury Chair: The honourable Éric Dufour, Court of Québec
• Jury co-Chair: Mtre Olivier Kott, Norton Rose Fulbright
• Bâtonnier Nicolas Plourde, Ad. E., representing the Barreau du Québec
• Mtre Michel P. Synnott, representing the Bar of Montreal
• Mtre Sophia M. Rossi, president of the Young Bar of Montreal
• Mtre Marc James Tacheji, winner of the Prix de l’Orateur 2016
• Mtre Jean-Philippe Bolduc, winner of the English Oratory Competition 2016
Julien will represent the Bar of Montreal at the Prix Paris-Montréal that will held on September 6th as part of festivities marking the Rentrée des tribunaux montréalais.
Photo Credit: Anne-Marie Lelièvre