At its traditional commencement ceremonies held this past December 2nd, Cégep Marie-Victorin awarded an honorary diploma to a former student for distinguished achievements in the business community in Montreal East. This year, the award was bestowed on Michel Tourangeau, a lawyer practicing with Lapointe Rosenstein Marchand Melançon.
Michel is very involved in the business community in Montreal East. In the past 15 years, he has held several positions and continues to be just as active.
Notably, he held numerous positions within the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Montreal, including president, director and vice-president of business development, chairman of the board, board secretary and vice-president, export.
His other accomplishments:
- Vice-president of the Council of Representatives, Montreal East Region, for the Fédération des Caisses Desjardins du Québec;
- Member of the Cercle des gouverneurs, Fonds de développement Emploi-Montréal;
- President of Caisse Desjardins Mercier-Rosemont;
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec;
- Director and vice-president of Société de la Place des Arts;
- Member of Corporation de développement économie de l’Est (CDEST);
- Vice-president, Fondation de l’hôpital Louis H-Lafontaine;
- Founding member of the Montreal East business network and president from 1992 to 1995.