Christopher Deehy took part in a webinar titled “Issues in Labour and Employment Settlements” as a presenter.
Alongside fellow pratiticionners from across Canada, they discussed the often challenging process of structuring, negotiating, drafting and completing settlements.
They shared their experiences and knowledge with respect to such topics as:
- Tax and Employment Insurance issues arising from labour and employment settlements
- Common pitfalls in settlements and how to avoid them
- Non-monetary clauses in settlements
- How to do more with less money
- Getting to yes: best practices and how to narrow the gap to close the deal
- How to deal with settlements that have gone off the rails
This webinar took place on October 15, 2020 and was presented by the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) Labour and Employment Law Section.