A lawyer working in real estate law, Daniel J. Martin has focused his practice on commercial real estate acquisitions and development for more than 30 years. He represents property owners and developers in the negotiation and drafting of all documents related to the purchase, development and sale of real estate assets, including purchase offers and options and real estate financing.
Daniel represents our clients in a wide range of mandates related to property development, including agreements with municipalities, governmental authorities and public service providers, or easements and other matters to be arranged or modified with neighbouring property owners. He also excels at analyzing property titles and negotiating with public authorities all aspects leading to the successful development of real estate projects.
In addition, Daniel prepares and negotiates acquisition loans, construction loans and long-term loans, and develops strategies for debt restructuring files. Clients who use his services are mainly composed of real estate developers, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other institutional investors, universities and financial institutions.
- Represented SmartCentres in the acquisition and development of numerous commercial centres across Quebec over the years
- Represented Calloway REIT regarding title matters in its acquisitions of eight million square feet of existing or newly constructed retail space in 35 shopping centres throughout Quebec for $1.12 billion
- Represented Whiterock REIT in the acquisition of six buildings in Québec City valued at approximately $84 million
- Represented the Université de Montréal in the development of a site in Outremont
- Represented La Corporation de l’École des hautes études commerciales de Montréal in an acquisition and development project on its site in downtown Montréal
- Represented a Montreal real estate developer in the execution of a residential development project in Prévost, in the Laurentians