Marvin Liebman practices law in our Commercial Law group. While his practice covers many areas of commercial law, he practices mainly in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, real estate and financing. In those contexts and others, he participates in the realization of commercial transactions by way of organizing and implementing thorough business review processes, and drafting agreements of every kind, in addition to counselling clients with respect to related legal issues.
Marvin’s client base is varied and includes entrepreneurs, retailers of regional, national and international scope and Canadian and U.S. banks and other lending institutions, as well as a host of others from a cross-section of industries. He prides himself on becoming well acquainted with his clients’ businesses so as to be able to provide a broad range of both legal and practical advice.
Marvin actively contributes to the Lapointe Rosenstein Marchand Melançon community through his participation in the firm’s recruitment efforts and his dedication to the ongoing training of young attorneys.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- B.C.L., McGill University, 2002
- LL.B., McGill University, 2002
Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Member of the Junior Bar Association of Montreal
- Member of Réseau Capital
- Member of the American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Recipient of the William Kagan Memorial Prize (ex aequo), “Awarded to a graduating undergraduate Law student who has achieved distinction in the study of real estate law.” McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montreal, 2002
- Recipient of the Stikeman Elliott/Carswell National Tax Award (ex aequo), “awarded to students entering third or fourth year for excellence in Taxation Law, but may also involve some emphasis in Corporate Law”, McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montreal, 2001
- Dean’s Honour List, awarded to students who rank in a maximum of the top 10% of their faculties based on sessional GPA, McGill University, Admissions & Registrar’s Office, Montreal, 2000
- Recipient of the Bennett Jones Prize in Taxation I (ex aequo), “for the highest standing in the Faculty’s basic course in Taxation”, McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montreal, 2000
- Recipient of the J.W. McConnell Entrance Scholarship, awarded for high standing in pre-undergraduate studies, McGill University, Admissions and Registrar’s Office, Montreal, 1998