Since his call to the Bar, Jean-François Dorais has been practicing in the fields of tax law, business law,and civil and commercial litigation.
His practice focuses on the Canadian taxation of SMEs, as well as on taxpayer representation before tax authorities in voluntary disclosures.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Law and Business Advisory Services
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- LL.M. Fisc., Université de Sherbrooke, 2005
- Taxation I and Taxation II, McGill University, 2003
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1999
Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Québec Bar
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Member of the publishing committee of Stratège, an APFF magazine
- Stikeman Elliot Prize for highest grade in the International Transactions course (Master in Taxation)